Friday, 21 February 2014

Stylenanda Beauty Tips #2

This post is going to be about how to achieve the straight Korean-style eyebrows. Of course there is more than one way to do this, but Stylenanda have really straight forward and simple steps. As many of you know, the most popular shape of eyebrow for Korean women is straight and thick, which gives a very youthful and fresh look.

It's important that the eyebrows are nearly straight, have a straight line along the bottom, but make a little edge on the top. If the ends of your brows draw downwards, it can actually make you look older. Here's a step by step guide with pictures showing you how to shape you brows before using products~ don't do this too close to when you apply makeup, because tweezing can cause skin to turn red and a little swollen.

After tweezing and shaping the eyebrow, you can use products such as brow powder or pencils to draw and fill in your brows. Stylenanda recommends if you have naturally thick brows, use a powder just to fill in the gaps, and a mascara if you wish to lighten them. For those with sparse eyebrows, draw extra hairs in with a pencil and then use powder to fill in the gaps for a more natural look.

21 comments:

  1. I need to invest to a eyebrow cutter next time I get money !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, just be careful not to cut off too much>.< Thanks for reading Jenna! x

      Delete
  2. Because of you I really want to try out 3CE concealer :P
    this tips looks really amazing and I might look after them :3
    Take care, have a nice day!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! It looks really good right^^ I'm really happy you like these tips~ I'll be sure to write more(: Thanks for reading Diana! x

      Delete
    2. Thanks for string Emily! this is actually really helpful! Ive been trying to get the straight browns for AGES! Ive realised that i need a eyebrow cutter thing! Thanks!

      April :D

      Delete
    3. Ah I'm so glad that this helped you April^^ thank you for reading:) x

      Delete
  3. I love "Korean" eyebrows but I hate my eyebrows so much and I just can't do anyhing to them>< (My eyebrows are soooo lowㅠㅠ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a full fringe though right? So no one will see them anyway hehe^^ But I'm sure you could make them look pretty still! Thanks for reading Eunmi!:D x

      Delete
  4. I can't take the pain of plucking eyebrows so I just use the eyebrow shaper xD they are so cheap too. I just get mine from Daiso. I don't really draw on my brows but I'll prob do it for special occasions. They say rests ping your brows changes the whole look right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack I hate tweezing my eyebrows too>.< eyebrow shapers are much easier haha(: I agree, brows can make your face look really different (not always in a good way if you're a girl who likes 'caterpillar brows' though). Thanks for reading Xiu! x

      Delete
    2. Wow, typo xD idk what's up with ‘rest ping'

      Delete
  5. I still need to pick up one of those eyebrow shaver/shaper thingies! Truth be told, I've never used one so I'm a bit scared lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was scared at first too~ but actually if you just take off a little bit at a time it's not so bad^^ Though I've seen some disasters when it comes to shaving your eyebrows, so I'm always pretty careful haha>.< Thank you for reading Anna! x

      Delete
    2. i also want to use these shaver things too :D but my friend say that if your brow hairs becomes thicker when you shave them as compared to when you just regularly pluck them with tweezers. is this true? :)

      Delete
    3. I personally never noticed a difference, but I don't take off very many hairs~they grow back quicker when you shave them though(: thanks for reading Shayne^^ x

      Delete
  6. thanks for ur tips
    I have sparse eyebrow, so I have to draw it everytime I went out to meet ppl
    MY-Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome~ thanks for reading Emily! ^^ x

      Delete
  7. Thanks for this post, Emily! I really need to get an eyebrow cutter soon !! I really wanted to try to make my eyebrows straighter too but I never had any idea how ;w; I really need to get an eyebrow powder, my brows are so sparse ;__;

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome~ thanks for reading^^ I hope that you can try it out for yourself soon! x

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing this Emily ^_^ I still have no idea how to shape a nice brow!
    www.intoface.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Joyce! Thanks for reading^^ x

      Delete