Tuesday, 15 July 2014

F(x) Sulli ~ Red Light Makeup Look!

Hey guys, I have an exciting post for you all today, so I hope you enjoy it! A couple of weeks ago I got together with Charmaine to create a pretty spontaneous collaboration, which developed over our mutual love for F(x) and their new song 'Red Light'. If you've seen it, let me know what you thought in the comments^^ But this isn't a review oh no, myself and four other beautiful bloggers have worked together to bring you a series of makeup looks/tutorials inspired by each of the members. I chose to do Sulli's makeup, despite the fact our hair and features are completely different~ I just liked the mysterious and sultry look her makeup had, and I wanted to try and recreate that on myself.



Here are the other girls and their blogs so go check them out too!

Charmaine - Krystal

April - Victoria

Aimee - Luna

Mindy - Amber


Also, the plan for this post was to do a tutorial alongside, but that didn't go very well at all>.< Basically it took me a few attempts to be happy with my makeup, and when I was happy it was a result of literally just blending a bunch of dark colours together until it looked right - no method involved whatsoever! Since the focus of the whole look is on the eyes, I decided it would be better to leave out the tutorial and just share the end result. 

If you do have any specific questions about products, tools or techniques I'll be more than happy to answer them in the comments~ so don't hesitate to leave me one! Thanks for reading guys^^ 

Here's her teaser photo that I was trying to recreate


As you can probably tell our eyes are differently shaped, and I found that if I covered my whole lid in black shadow and eyeliner like Sulli, it looked pretty comical, but this is an 'inspired' look so I hope you guys can appreciate that haha>.<

Basically the trick to the eye makeup is to use a mixture of deep purples and blacks, putting on a little bit at a time and blending like your life depends on it. I found going straight in with the black was messy and very hard to blend~ so be patient and go slowly!



Here's a quick picture and list of all the products I used:
Etude House Precious Minerall BB Cream
No7 Face Powder Compact
3CE Cream Blusher in Baby Peach
Jemma Kidd Lip Gloss
L'oreal Super Liner
Max Factor Lipstick in Rosewood
17 Eyeshadow in Broken Hearted
Redherring Eyeshadow

26 comments:

  1. I love your recreated look on it Emily~
    very pretty as always ♥
    xx Charmaine

    Charrmyn || Check out my new Makeup Tutorial~Krystal F(x) Red Light || Join My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Charmaine! ~ I loved your look a lot as well^^ x

      Delete
  2. Oh~ The purple and black smokey eye looks so good!!! And I totally agree with using all these dark eyeshadows >.< The first time I tried out this look using black eyeshadow all over my lid, I literally looked like I had a black eye Dx I love the headpiece in your picture by the way~ ^_^

    Love, Aimee
    My Blog | Recent Blog Post - f(x) Red Light Luna Inspired Tutorial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aimee^^ it was so hard to get it right omg, dark eyeshadows are so unforgiving if you do them wrong haha>.< thanks for joining in too!

      Ps - it's a necklace on my head lol

      Delete
  3. You really suite smokey eyes! You should wear it more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Xiu! ^^ I still think I look a bit ott, but maybe for a party it could work idk>.< x

      Delete
  4. The smokey eye make up looks awesome on you, Emily!! I honestly think you look super gorgeous with smokey eye makeup! You could wear it more often for special occasions ^-^ I totally love your finished look, the photos turned out pretty well~ ♥

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg you're too sweet Mindy>.< I'm glad you like it, I think you did a really great job in your tutorial too~ I'm so happy you joined in with us!

      Delete
  5. Omg I love love love this look! f(x) is my ultimate favorite female K-pop group, so I knew I'd love it! Great work, girly <3

    xoxo Payton of K-Party With Payton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Payton, I'm glad I could do your favourite group justice hehe^^ x

      Delete
  6. Ohh you did sulli <3 She is my favourite :3 (a<long side with krystal and Amber)
    I really like your look :3 <3 Take care*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe me too^^ she's so pretty! I'm so happy you like the look Diana~ thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  7. You look SOooo stunning Emily
    I LOVE love your finished look... it looks so difficult :D ~<3
    I love your headpiece in the picture too xx
    http://milkiibunnii.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh thanks so much Sindy! If I can do it anyone can, I'm really not that good at makeup haha>.< thank you for reading! ^^ x

      Delete
  8. I think the Red Light makeup is very interesting, when the MV came out I just knew people would do it! You did a great job with the eyeshadow, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too~ it's really unique and interesting^^ Thank you for reading! x

      Delete
  9. You looks so pretty Emily! I'm going to try this look! :D

    www.justsoapril.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks april^^ I'd love to see a picture if you do ever try this one out:) thanks for joining in with the collab! x

      Delete
  10. Wow! Emily, your recreation is on point! You look fantastic!!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna! I'm glad you like it! ^^ x

      Delete
  11. you look wonderful! i love the smoky eye :)

    www.heylinni.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rachel! ^^ x

      Delete
  12. I love this look! It looks so good on you~ *u* Great tutorial<3
    -Kiyomi xx
    kokorosasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! Just joined your blog, not sure if you saw my reply to you via disqus >< your blog theme is so cutee!

    snowrii.com
    Rina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have seen it^^ Thanks for following my blog, and I'm happy you like my theme but I didn't draw it myself hehe~ I can't draw to save my life! >.< x

      Delete