Monday, 28 July 2014

MUA Undress Me Too Palette Review

July has been a pretty hectic month for me so far, but at last I've had the chance to sit down and write this makeup review. I was talking my friend Mindy, another beauty blogger recently and she mentioned the MUA eyeshadow palettes, asking if I'd tried them. Until she brought it up and told me that they had good reviews I was completely unaware that they were worth looking at since I always walk straight past the MUA counter in Superdrug. The brand is so cheap over here I guess I just assume bad quality, but I was pleasantly surprised by these shadows ~ and at four pounds for twelve colours, you can't really afford not to give them a go! 


First thing I noticed when I visited the counter was that there is a surprisingly wide range of colours and lots of palettes to choose from. However, the most hyped ones are the 'Undress Me' palette and the one I went for, the 'Undress Me Too'. I think drugstore brands must be running out of synonyms for the word naked. Anyway I only chose this one because I liked the colours more, but I'm going to return for sure and pick up the other version so I can have all the neutrals>.<


Like many palettes this one comes with a little sponge brush that I probably won't use but it looks pretty just in the bottom there. The packaging is pretty plain but I don't like the fact that this one is white (all the other MUA palettes were black) just because it's so easy to get dirty from excess eyeshadow. It's plastic so can be easily cleaned, I would just prefer not to have to clean it!

As you can see there's a mixture of matte and shimmer shades, as well as a selection of cool and warm tones. They all have names but I don't think I need to write them all out for you. The colours that caught my eye the most were the gold and copper metallic shade which look so gorgeous in the palette, here's a swatch of some of my favourites:


The pigmentation of the shimmer shades is quite shocking because they look so pretty. I'm less impressed by the matte shades, especially the lighter ones because they don't show up as much~ but I would have bought this just for that gold on my middle finger because it's amazing. But I've found in the past a beautiful swatch can sometimes still be mediocre on the eyes, so I've done a really quick and basic smoky eye using some of the colours. I wanted to do a nice tutorial but I thought this would be better than nothing even if it is messy haha.


I used a matte colour (shy) all over the lid, then a light brown metallic (wink) in the centre. I used the matte black shade (corrupt) on the outer corner and lashline, and finished with a dap of the gold shade I like (devotion) in the inner corner. My eyebrow is also filled in using an MUA eyebrow pencil that I picked up at the same time! 

Overall I'd give the palette a 4/5

Bullet Graphics Super pigmented metallic shades
Bullet Graphics Ridiculously cheap
Bullet Graphics Blends easily
Bullet Graphics Simple but pretty packaging

X Matte shades are disappointing
X Doesn't really last all day without primer
X Easy to get messy

12 comments:

  1. I've heard really nice things about these palettes.
    Personally I wouldn't get them since I already own the Naked1 and Naked3 (and I don't like the colours from the Naked2 palette...). But I think that it's a really amazing and affordable option to those that want to get a nice neutral palette but can't afford a Urban Decay palette.

    Take care*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I only have the Naked 2>.< But I can't really afford to get all three, and these palettes really are a good alternative, especially since I don't wear eyeshadow on an everyday basis(: Thanks for reading Diana! x

      Delete
  2. I actually really like the packaging, it's simple and pretty! Too bad some matte shadows lack pigmentation, but for a palette that is so cheap I think it's cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I like the font and style of the palette, but the black ones were more practical and looked a little more sleek! That's what I thought, I didn't really hesitate to buy it because it was so cheap haha(: Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  3. The eye look you did really suits your pretty blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much Xiu, I'm glad you like it! ^^ x

      Delete
  4. It looks pretty!

    www.bubbly-color.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh the post is finally up *-* And you mentioned me at the beginning yay xD haha. I think the colors look so nice but the matte shades look a bit dissapointing T T I'm happy you like this palette and that the shimmer shades are really pimented and nice hehe ^-^; When you have picked up the Undressed palette, you should definitely write a review about it too, I'm really curious about that one as well~ :D

    Mindy ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I'm sorry it took so long! Yes I think the matte shades look pretty in the palette but they don't transfer well to the eyes, but honestly the shimmer shades are so nice I would pay the same price just for those colours^^ If the Undressed palette is pretty much the same I probably won't write a review, maybe just show it in a haul so you can see the colours? I'll let you know either way, thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  6. Omg that makeup look you're wearing is too pretty <3 I think I need to try out this palette!
    Thanks for sharing <3

    xoxo Payton of K-Party With Payton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh thank you so much Payton~ if you can get hold of it for a good price I really recommend it! x

      Delete